30 November 2012

No hot water from (Rheem) Water Heater?

No hot water supply from water heater? It might be thermostat or coil problem. And you might just need to replace the spoilt part(s) instead of the entire water heater.

I was advised by some plumber (without hesitation) that the water heater is faulty and I have to replace the water heater which would cost me a couple hundreds of dollars. Luckily I called Rheem's service hotline and was advised that it could be some parts problem such as faulty thermostat.

I got this contact through Rheem's service hotline. This is their authorized contractor for plumbing services.

Ben- +65 9382 1777

When I called the mobile number it was not picked up. But within a minute, I received a call from a landline number. It was Ben. As I wanted the job to be done ASAP, Ben managed to arrange for a plumber to come down my place between 3-4pm. The plumber arrived around 3.15pm, checked the water heater and advised that the thermostat had to be replaced. Total cost would be S$120 and asked if i wished to proceed (transport, labour, parts costs). I agreed and he swiftly replaced the thermostat and the next thing I know- the false ceiling is back on. So fast that I had asked him "done already???". He replied "Yes". He stayed on a little to make sure hot water was flowing again before he went off. (during the waiting time, he moved his barang barang out of the house) In all, he took less than 30 minutes to get the job done. He is so focus that he don't engage in chit chat but still remained friendly. He wasted no time.

Damaged: S$120.

A quick check with the uncle, he said they provide all sorts of plumbing services except aircon servicing.

Note: I didn't use Rheem's service guy as they could only schedule the appointment earliest 3 days later. As I wanted to settle this ASAP, I was given their authorized contractor's number to call to check if the contractor's plumber could come down later in the day (called the contractor at 10 plus in the morning and managed to schedule the appointment in the afternoon). The charges are the same as Rheem's as advised by the service hotline staff.


Overall rating: 4 out of 5 (Happy with the fast service and job done!)

No comments: