15 November 2012

Estee Lauder - Double Wear


A couple of days ago, I gotten a sample of Estee Lauder's Number 1 Foundation - Double Wear from their Isetan Scott Counter. The Double Wear is a liquid foundation with an SPF 10/PA ++. Supposedly it is a long-wear makeup with 15-hours staying power.



Above: Sample size bottle

This morning i decided to try it out. After my usual face sunblock application, with my finger tips, I dabbed the Double Wear onto my face. It was lightweight and easy for application. I was surprised how well the colour matched my skin tone (almost perfect match through no fault of theirs as i have uneven skin tone). Kudos to the lady who chose the shade "Tawny" for me.

Back on the application,  the foundation spread easily and left what I thought a slight powderish feel to the touch. My face felt neither oily nor heavy. It was comfortable but a little drying. And I noticed that the coverage (for my freckles) isn't as good as other BB creams. On second thought, the selling point was the "stay on" power. 

Now I shall wait and observe the stay on power under Singapore's humid weather.

Update: the stay on power was there. It didn't "melt" after a short walk mid noon and it was still there on my face when I cleanse my face at night.

 


For those interested in getting a sample, check out the following link for sample giveaway: 
https://www.facebook.com/EsteeLauderSG/app_295673160537757



No comments: