02 November 2012

Mould/ Mold Remover That Works On Sealant!


Spotted a mould on the sealant in the bathroom the other day. *Shrug* When did it start that I didn't notice earlier? It has grown to a decent size that it has become a real eyesore. I went around searching for my mould removers. Yes, removers. I've tried numerous products - from the expensive HG mould spray (apparently used by some cleaning aunties as well), to Mr Muscle's, to Magiclean very own bathroom Stain & Mold etc ...... (yes, I tried whatever available on the market to get rid of the mold!) and non worked.

What's next? Maybe I should try the power of Internet again (tried earlier but see no satisfactory answer). So yesterday, I began googling to try my luck, yet again. 

Then, a forum posting caught my attention. Clicked on it, and saw someone had posted similar problem. And there were replies......Looks promising, I thought!

First reply: nothing works, replace the sealant. Second reply: faster to replace the sealant.. third reply: as above...  it goes on... till I saw someone posted "try Dettol mold and mildew remover". On second thought, I don't think this is available in SG. Searched the Dettol's corporate website, apparently not available here....Next....

"mixed xxx and xxx chemicals to remove it...but got to be careful as incorrect proportion may result in undesirable chemical reaction." 

Gosh, sounds so dangerous. 

Then came another question - "where to buy these chemicals?"  Followed there was a responder remarking "given the mix, it seems to be some sort of a bleach".  

BLEACH? Magiclean Toilet Bleach came into my mind. Immediately, I took out my bottle of Magicclean and started scrutinizing it..... it did say "Removes stubborn stains and mould effectively"... why didn't I notice it earlier?! Without hesitation, I began pouring the bleach onto the mould. 

1 hour later.... I went back to check on it. YES! It's WORKING! FINALLY! The mould had miraculously becomes smaller! I began pouring more bleach on the remaining mould and decided to leave it longer to see if it can be totally removed. 





Update: checked this morning, it's GONE! Yes, GONE! Finally I've got a REAL SOLUTION! MAGICLEAN TOILET BLEACH!

7 comments:

Kunzo said...

Would it work on cotton items like bath towel and hand towel?

blurrQ said...

Hi Winston, I would not recommend for cloth. For cloth, I would suggest you try Vanish powder (can be purchased at various supermarkets like Giant, NTUC, Sheng Stone, Hong Mao etc.), have the cloth soak in water with Vanish powder, overnight or long if need. Vanish can also help to remove yellow spots from white tops etc.

jade said...

When left unchecked, mold can insinuate itself deep into any of the porous surfaces in your home. Mold Testing Houston

Alex said...

Hi, Kao Magiclean Toilet Bleach will it remove and whiten grout? (those black lines between tiles). Thanks

blurrQ said...

Hi,

I did try on grout and it worked... but you have to be careful as it might "bleach" the tiles. suggest you try on small inconspicuous spot first..

Alex said...

Can you teach me how you use it for grout?

Pour bleach straight from the bottle tip on grout and leave it for how long?

No add water, no scrubbing correct?

Is it cannot stay in bathroom when the bleach is there as breathing in the bleach smell is not good?

Thanks a lot.

blurrQ said...

I pour it straight from bottle tip slowly on the grout. left it 15-30mins. No need to add water. If you are concern of your tiles, then try to wipe off if spill over onto tiles. I think for a shortwhile should be ok. You can check it every 10 mins so.. You would/should see the grout turned white. And wash off, I didn't had to scrub. Yes bleach has slight pungent smell so you wouldn't want to stay inside the enclosed area (e.g. bathroom closed door) and breathe it. And keep your children away. If you read the instructions off the bleach label, they do not recommend us to e.g. shower/use the bathroom at the same time.