28 April 2013

Kam Long Curry Fish Head

Kam Long Restaurant / 亚福街金龙亚仔

Kam Long Restaurant (also known as Kam Long Curry Fish Head/ 亚福街金龙亚仔) is the only place that I know which supposedly serves curry fish head as early as 8am! While I've not verified if people eat curry fish head this early but looking at the numerous people eating in the shop at 10ish in the morning I wouldn't doubt!  (Update: went in oct 13 at 925am and the place was already packed!  And yes, I waited 25mins before I get to eat! There are people who really eat curry fish head this early!)

During lunch time, expect a long queue and waiting time.  I always try to go earlier to beat the crowd after learning a lesson on my maiden visit. However, if you are looking to takeaway, you'll be pleased that you can zoom all the way to the front and inform them that you want to "dabao".  And you can request for the fish to be cooked or uncooked.  They would pack the raw fish head (looks frozen to me), ingredients and their curry separately for those who prefer to cook at home.

Back to the curry fish head, since my first visit, I've been visiting the place almost once a week. I even "dabao" too when the queue is too long. :P  My sis asked me: "so nice meh?" whenever I sent her a photo of me conquering another claypot of curry fish head. Yes, it is nice.  Decently nice homecooked flavour. The fish served had been fresh on my visits so far. And she might not be aware, I loved eating fish and curry, and with this combo and the right taste - how can I miss it?!

Where: No. 74, Halan Wong Ah Fook, 80000 Johor Bahru, Johor
Hours: 8am - 5pm or till sellout!

(There is another associated stall at Permas Jaya but I still prefer this original stall at Jalan Wong Ah Fook)

For takeaway orders:
016-752 8382 亚仔/ Ah Zai
016-796 2287 顺安/Soon On

No comments: