01 March 2013

Tze char at 彩虹城 (2)



Again, I pop over at 彩虹城 Tze Char for dinner and this time we had Curry fish (garoupa), Indonesia prawns, sambal Kang kong.

There was no fish head supply that day so we had curry fish instead! The curry is rather different from the usually curry fish head. The curry was flooded with garlic, dried red chiillis, and what I think should be skinned brinjal, and something else that gives the curry a very slight sour taste.. I seen that before but just don't know what it's called... (no it's not assam) Although the curry smelled strong (in a good way) but it was not as potent (spicy) as I thought it would be. The curry was rather mild. I liked that there were a lot of brinjal and the fish was fresh to tender. Overall I gave it a 4 out of 5.

The damaged for the dinner came up to RM 60 for the 3 dishes, 2 plates of rice, and 2 glasses of chinchow drink.

Lastly, I must add that their chin chow drink is nice- they are generous with their chin chow that it  filled every mouthful that I took! Yes I mean it! (Most of the time, hawkers give you more syrup/ sugar water than chinchow.. BUT not here!)


Address: Stall no. 11, Taman Serene Food Centre, Jalan Biru (opposite the famous San Low seafood restaurant)

Operating hours: 6pm - 12am
Cons: limited veg choices (no sweet potato leaves)


No comments: