12 March 2013

Rain & Thunder @ Marina Mall, Abu Dhabi


The Marina Mall in Abu Dhabi, with a size of 235,000 sqm, is located at the end of the Corniche. As it is, it is a mall. With about 400 stores, it houses a decent number of international brands such as H&M, Zara, Marks & Spencer, Forever 21, Gap, Bebe, La Senza, Body Shop, Locittane, Bobbi Brown, Bath & Works, Woolsworth, etc  There is also a Carrefour located at its basement and for those interested in skating, there is also a skating ring inside the mall.


Inside the Mall



Skating ring
Despite being tax-free, I find the products in Abu Dhabi generally priced higher than Singapore. So not much shopping can be done unless there is a genuine sale. I'm saying this because e.g. I saw in Bebe store a tee that went on sale at around 159 AED still - which is not a sale to me at that price.

As I wandered around the mall, I spotted a foodcourt which is relatively small compared to Al Wahda Mall. Fastfood located at the foodcourt include Popeye and Burger King. 

All these aside, that was something that surprises me though - raining and thundering in Marina Mall! Yes, it happens around 4.30pm every day (from my understanding) at a particular area in the mall. And the cleaners would be there on stand-by to mop the floors after the rain. What an idea! 

Wet floors outside the shops after "rain"



Where: Abu Dhabi
Website: www.marinamall.ae/



No comments: